AZ on the Rocks
AZ on the Rocks is a huge, fully air conditioned rock climbing and fitness facility with a focus on customer service. Our rock and fitness gym offer approximately 14,000 square feet of climbing terrain, an intimate yoga studio with a full schedule of classes, and exercise and fitness equipment. No experience is necessary. AZ on the Rocks rents all gear necessary and provides basic instruction to all first-time visitors.
Every participant must complete a digital waiver form prior to climbing, belaying, taking yoga or using the fitness area. For individuals under the age of 18, this must be completed and signed by their parent-NO EXCEPTIONS. We highly recommend completing waivers prior to arrival at the facility.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Everyone that is climbing or using the fitness area is required to go through an orientation on their first visit to our facility, regardless of climbing experience. This includes a short video, followed by hands-on instruction with our staff.
- Customers that are only attending a yoga class are not required to go through the orientation.
- For those that wish to belay (hold the ropes) and are not already certified to do so at AZR, there is a 1-hour belay class. The class costs $29 and includes your admission to the facility and gear for the day.
- AZR staff does not belay (hold the ropes). Nobody under the age of 15 is allowed to belay unless they take the Youth Belay Certification class.
- For those that do not wish to learn how to belay, there are 8-10 autobelays available, as well as bouldering (climbing without ropes on the shorter walls) and the treadwall. There is still plenty of climbing.
- We do not recommend planning on less than 2 hours for your first visit. It may take 20-45 minutes to get through the orientation process and you want to have plenty of time to climb.
- AZR provides all of the necessary gear to get you climbing (harness, shoes, etc.), as well as yoga mats and props.
- We do ask that groups of 10 or more make reservations by contacting.
Feedback and comments: